Floor Systems for energetic sows and healthy piglets
Floor systems for farrowing and rearing pens
Big Dutchman plastic floor systems always meet our customers’ high demands for the hygienic, productivity-enhancing and animal-friendly housing of sows and piglets. Our extensive product range includes the following components:
- Slats made of high-quality plastic material, available in different sizes and with different solid-to-void ratios.
- Plastic slats with integrated rubber mat or ceramic insert.
- Open and solid cast iron slats.
- Heating plates made of polymer concrete, plastic or GRP.
- Support bars made of galvanized steel, stainless steel or GRP.
Floor systems for farrowing pens
Sows and piglets have different requirements regarding thermal conduction and heat storage. A combination of different slats should therefore be used for the floors in farrowing pens. Cast iron flooring ensures a cool lying place for the sow while heating plates are ideal to warm the piglets.
Heating plates ensuring even heat distribution and excellent heat storing
Heating plates ensure optimum temperature conditions in the piglets’ resting area, no matter whether it be in the farrowing or rearing pen. Our product range includes heating plates of different materials and sizes. They can either be integrated into, or placed on, the slats.
- This includes heating plates either made of plastic, ensuring an even heat distribution as they are filled with water;
- made of high-quality polymer concrete with a well-structured profile and heated by hot-water pipes or heating wires; or
- made of glass-fibre reinforced plastic (GRP); these electric heating plates are of comparatively little weight and available at a reasonable price. They can easily be retrofitted or placed on the slats.